Looking to join a dynamic purchasing team?
- Be part of our growth
- Join the industry leader that sets the standards
- Benefit from in-house training to grow your skills and career
- Be an integral part of a dynamic, supportive and successful team
As the Materials Planner / Purchasing Officer at Beaumont Tiles your role will be to proactively manage purchase orders for a select group of local and overseas suppliers to ensure the needs of our internal and external customers are met. You will liaise with senior members of the Purchasing team and maintain the existing strong relationships with both your suppliers and the stores.
Who are you? We are looking for a professional and driven individual who likes to be part of a bigger team. You will want to build an understanding of purchasing and inventory management, be a self-starter, with exceptional communication skills, a good listener and a quick learner.
Bringing along your friendly demeanour, a love of data and an eye for detail, your analytical mind has the ability to find imperfections and as well as solutions, whilst taking into account the bigger picture. Ideally you have a knack for numbers, negotiating and problem solving.
This is an outstanding opportunity to build your career within a sizeable commercial business that experiences ongoing success.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Achieving stock turns targets and managing stock reliability
- Managing weekly inventory review sessions and order stock to meet inventory targets
- Ensuring overseas orders are shipped according to plan
- Expediting overdue orders
- Maintain strong professional relationships with suppliers and staff
Requirements for the role:
- 2-3 years experience as a Material/Inventory planner
- Be a Customer Service superstar
- Possess a genuine passion to build a career in Purchasing/Supply chain management
- Mandarin language skills will be highly regarded
- Have high-level organisational skills and the ability to manage a number of projects simultaneously
- Be proactive, enthusiastic and able to work in a dynamic, collaborative team environment
- Be confident, professional and have excellent interpersonal skills
- Have exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Have strong problem-solving skills and a high level of initiative
- Be highly competent in Excel and other Microsoft suite products
- Motivation and initiative to succeed and develop
- The ability to interpret numbers and data
- Celebrate a culture of enthusiasm and fun!
- Work with a recognised national company
- Working alongside other like-minded passionate individuals
- Professional development and further training
THE BEAUMONT TILES STORY
Beaumont Tiles is Australia’s biggest retailer of tiles and bathroom ware with over 100 outlets across most states. An innovative market leader, Beaumont Tiles buyers travel the globe to bring back the best in tiles, stone and bathroom ware. Beaumont Tiles has company owned and franchised stores servicing trade, home builders and renovators, and the commercial sector.
Come and enjoy being a vital part of the passionate Beaumont Tiles group where we celebrate a culture of enthusiasm and fun!
Apart from offering the opportunity to work with a recognised national company you'll have the benefit of working alongside other like-minded passionate individuals that work hard to see the company grow! For the right candidate an attractive package can be negotiated.
Enjoy your work with Beaumont Tiles!
No Recruitment Agencies please